ROTWILD R.X2: the next evolution of the Generation X
Just in time for the Riva Bike Festival at Lake Garda, ROTWILD presents the next evolution of the Generation X. ROTWILD continues the success story of the All Mountain concept introduced last year.
The R.X2 provides highly innovative technology in many details and takes individual set-up capabilities to the next level. The full carbon frame of the R.X2 weighs in at 2,040 Gramm (size medium), which puts it on par with a full carbon race fully. At the same time, the extreme stiffness and robustness make are dialled for All Mountain riding: Out-of-saddle stiffness for efficient acceleration and head set stiffness for cornering precision.
Another novelty of the ROTWILD All Mountain concept is increased variability when it comes to wheel sizes: 29, 27.5 und 27.5+ can all be ridden using the same frame. Be it transalp, trail or traction, regardless of the size of wheel, the geometry of the R.X2 always remains unchanged. This applies particularly to steering and seat angle as well as kinematics. The same goes for the BB drop, which defines the position of the rider beneath the wheel axles. Even with a slightly higher bottom bracket height using 29” wheels, the riderremains in the same integrated position. The result: After switching out wheels no further adjustments need be made on the bike. This is a great advantage especially when it comes to the rear suspension set-up.
Just as for the R.X1 the adjustable head tube angle and variable chain stay length provide riders with even more options for individual preference. The fully integrated cable routing through the bottom bracket shell avoids tight radii and enables more precise and easier shifting through reduced friction. A custom foam liner eliminates the noise of rattling cables. Customers can choose their ideal bike from seven different R.X2 models and four frame sizes.
The R.X+ also takes the next step towards greater individualization. In future, the multi-award winning E-MTB can be set up from super efficient to extremely powerful riding. This enables riders to easily tune the power levels of their bikes to their personal training goals, fitness levels or the topography of their preferred trails with some assistance by their local dealerships.
Overview: Facts and figuresof the R.X2
- Light full carbon chassis, four frame sizes S / M / L / XL
- Three wheel size options: 27.5 (Trail), 27.5+ (Traction) und 29 (Transalp)
- 140 mm XCS suspension system
- Boost technology for improved wheel stiffness and tire clearance
- Adjustable fork- / steering tube angle with three headset angles: 0 and +/- 1.5 degrees
- Seat tube adjusted to 150 mm telescope seat post
- Adjustable rear stays with 148-12 through axle and MDI III technology
- Specifically balanced FOX rear shocks
- ISCG-05 mount: easily chain guide mounting
- E-Type side swing: best function with a full suspension rear
- Fully integrated cable routing in main frame and chain stay through the bottom bracket. Avoiding too close radius, less friction for better and more precise shifting. Noise reduction with internal rubberfoam seals
- Steering head stiffness: 87 Nm/°
- Bottom bracket stiffness: 106 N/mm
- 7 configurations (starting price at 4.699 Euro)
- Start of production: August 2016