BENCHMARK FOR INSTALLATION SPACE AND WEIGHT
The new, ultra-compact Shimano drive weighs less than 2,500g, features 85Nm, 50% less pedaling resistance, 20% higher motor efficiency with reduced noise level (see STEPS E8000) and no fade-out/fade-in at the support limit. This guarantees maximum acceleration and efficient pedaling with a natural riding experience. The assistance mode can also be configured via three different maps.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS OF THE SHIMANO EP8
- Torque 85 Nm with up to 400% support
- Q-factor: 177 mm
- more compact design provides more ground clearance on technical sections of a trail
- Improved clutch mechanism for softer fade-out/fade-in at the support limit, the reduced pedal resistance creates an immediate riding experience
- The Shimano EP8 engine provides strong support when it is needed. In trail mode it uses full power, in the low support level a high range can be achieved.
- Individual adjustment via E-Tube app with different performance parameters. Two different setups can be stored. Easy firmware update as well as error identification and correction.
- Optimized heat output for longer use of maximum torque
- Shimano color LCD display, integrated on the handlebars